Wednesday 25 June 2014

Everyday Simple Skincare Routine


As far as caring for my skin goes, I probably don't do enough but I do realise how important it is so I have stepped it up a notch and now take it much more seriously!

This skincare post is extremely simple and manageable, making it extremely effortless and easy to upkeep and maintain! 

In this post I'll be talking about 3 main products for:
  • Face
  • Eyes
  • Lips

Face:

I have very sensitive and dry skin which means that the face product I use has to coincide with that and ensure they don't irritate my skin. In my opinion, these products will work for anyone no matter if you have sensitive skin or not because it's kinder on your skin and who wouldn't want that? 

The moisturiser I use is Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser. There's many moisturisers by Simple but as I have dry skin, I use the "Rich Moisturiser"! I love this moisturiser as not only is it extremely affordable (approx £2 depending on where you pick it up!) it has no scent and is very soothing and calming on my skin, no irritation or breakouts after using it! As I have some facial redness, some moisturisers tend to flare up my skin afterwards, making the redness extremely prominent (which is something that I feel self-conscious about before applying any creams, let alone after something's been applied and irritated it!) 

It also works great with any primer I use and dries in relatively quickly! All in all, I love this moisturiser! Great buy and something I will definitely be re-purchasing... although it does have 125 ml worth so there's quite a lot in there to see me through for quite some time!)


beauty, skincare, moisturiser, skin, sensitive skin,



Eyes:


This is something I've tended to ignore the most out of my skincare routines as I never really see an improvement straight away... I don't really have bags or noticeable dark circles under my eyes so I thought "why bother?" even after knowing that the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate as it's so thin around there! So, I decided to buy something relatively cheap and see how I get on before I take the plunge and buy something a little more expensive! 

I use Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Gel which costs an astronomical, massive price of £1.50! I couldn't leave it on the shelf for that price! I stick it in the fridge and every night after I've taken my makeup off and moisturised, I apply it under my eyes and on my eye lids. It's such a lovely feeling as its so cold and refreshing! I can't say I've really seen much of a difference, but like I said before, I don't consider myself to have majorly bad under eye bags or dark circles so I like to use it just because it feels nice and soothing! It can't be doing them any harm, right? So why not give it a shot!




Lips:

Okay so this was probably the product I've searched for the longest. Up until a few months ago, I used Carmex all the time and I wish I still could because it was amazing, lasted so long, was cheap and tasted delicious (not that I'm eating my lip balm but the Mint one was my favourite!) but recently my lips have got increasingly more chapped and dry and I'm not sure whether it's because I have pet allergies or whatever but nothing was curing the dryness or helping them from being chapped! I did some research and tried various products but nothing worked! I then found a balm called PapayaGold PAWPAW which is £5.99. I'll put the link here and no I'm not being sponsored for this in any way, shape or form! I bought this last week and already my lips are getting back to normal so I really do recommend this product!

There is quite a lot in the tube so will definitely last you for awhile! To me, £5.99 seemed a bit much for a lip balm, but on the tube, it says it is for "dry, chapped lips and irritated skin" so you can use it anywhere that's irritated, not only on your lips!




Hope this helps! If you want to tweet me, my Twitter is @ChloesConcept!

Thank you for reading!

Chloe x


No comments:

Post a Comment