Tuesday 24 June 2014

Anxiety: Guide & Steps to recover from panic attacks.

Hi Bloggers!

Ever feel like things are piling up and you can't seem to see any light at the end of the tunnel? This post is dedicated to Anxiety.

Firstly, I just want to remind you, whatever you are going through, you can and will get through it!

Anxiety:

So sometimes you feel like you're kind of sinking in a state of panic, like everything is totally piling up on you. It can be triggered by any situation that makes you feel uncomfortable, nervous, stressed or even maybe an environment you're not used to! I guess the trigger can literally be anything that causes you to feel a bit different to what you usually feel like. There are different forms of Anxiety such as mild Anxiety and severe Anxiety. Now I think everyone is likely to have gone through or will go through mild Anxiety at least once in their lifetime where a stressful situation will bring on a mild panic attack where for a short while you feel a sense of "I can't do this!" and you panic and worry. This happens frequently for me, but one time I remember well was around exam time. I still get reminded from my friends how I once cried in the girls toilets prior to my GCSE Maths exam and quite honestly, I don't know how I managed to refrain from crying prior to all of my exams because they stressed me out so much! 

Now, severe Anxiety constantly remains at a high level of intensity for a longer period of time. Severe Anxiety may make you feel completely unable to deal with the situation, like you have no power or control and like you cannot for the life of you see any way out...this may then lead you to have a panic attack. Now these can usually last between 5 and 20 minutes but if longer, it could be that you're experiencing more than one panic attack in that period of time.

If you suffer from panic attacks, the best thing to do is:

  • Totally remove yourself from the situation you're in. 
  • Pretend you are a different person, choose your favourite actor or singer or anyone you look up to and be them for a minute. As soon as you disconnect yourself with how you are feeling right at that moment, you should start to feel a bit clearer.
  • Go outside if you can, or go in a different room. 
  • Take deep breaths in and out over and over again. 
  • Stick your iPod on and put your favourite song on. This will help relax you and make you feel more comfortable as the song you're listening to will have good connotations and will therefore help you regain positivity.


My favourite tip: You can do this now, before your panic attacks begin again. All you have to do is to imagine a place in your mind. Imagine that place so vividly you can see every single detail about it; for example, if it's a beach, imagine the sand between your toes, the scent of sun lotion you've recently applied, the crystal blue sea and the hot, sizzling sun beating down on you. Make sure whatever place you choose has a calming effect on you, a place you love visiting or would love to visit. I think this is my favourite tip as for those few minutes you can totally take yourself out of the situation that is causing your panic attack and place yourself in an environment that can calm you and make you feel comfortable and positive (and it's an extremely cheap holiday without having to actually travel anywhere!)

Don't forget my motto: Take back what's yours! This picture below is one I took on my trip around California. It's one of my happy places, so I thought I'd share it with you!




Anxiety, Beauty, Fashion, Bloggers, Bbloggers, #Fbloggers


I hope this post helps you, whether it's understanding what Anxiety is a little bit better or whether it's learning how to recover from a panic attack.

I will be posting guides like this on a regular basis in regards to confidence, self-esteem, depression and other various issues you might be going through, so please stay tuned!

As I always say at the end of my posts, my blog and campaign was set up to provide a place for anyone to visit and feel safe, happy and motivated about life! If you ever want to discuss anything going on in your life, or simply just want a chat, I'm always here to listen and talk!

My links are:

Twitter: @ChloesConcept
Email: ChloesConcept@gmail.com

Chloe x











2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post Chloe. I've been suffering from Unipolar Depression for years now, and anxiety and self doubt really do play a huge part in it. I've had a few attacks myself lately and these are some excellent pointers for people going through it. Thanks also for reminding people to remove themselves from the situation - so many people think you should 'tough it out', but don't understand how damaging that can be.

    www.anastasiacatris.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anastasia! I'm so glad you liked this post. There's not enough support and encouragement for people going through these situations to let them know they can beat whatever they are going through! Thank you for reading!

      Delete