Thursday 18 September 2014

My Sephora Visit!



This is part of my Florida series where I'll be posting several posts on what beauty products, clothes and interior items I've purchased along with Florida guides, restaurant & hotel recommendations and places to visit for the best shopping experience... not forgetting the famous theme parks Florida prides itself on!

As for this post, however, I'll be talking about the product I purchased when I went back to one of my favourite shops in the Florida Mall; Sephora!

Last year, after much deliberation, lots of testing and going back and forth the store multiple times, I finally decided on the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation and you can find my review on it here. It was a choice between that and the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I absolutely love the HD Foundation as it has a beautiful consistency, great build-able coverage and it has a great variety of colour choices too! 

When I went back this year, I was dead set on getting either Benefit's Hello Flawless Foundation or the Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, however when I got there I realised I could easily purchase Benefit's Hello Flawless at a Debenhams shop where I live. I also tested the Kat Von D foundation and realised it was extremely thick, even with just one pump. I know it's meant to be a very full coverage foundation - which is what I look for as my face is quite red but this would even bee too full coverage for me I think.

Instead, I thought back to last year when it was a choice between the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation and the Nars Sheer Glow and decided this time I'd try the Nars as I've heard such amazing things about it! It was $45 plus tax which was a fair chunk of change but I don't regret it in the slightest because I think it's made its way up to one of my favourite ever foundations and I'll tell you why...



First of all, like I said, as my face is quite red, I like a fuller coverage but not a thick/cakey finish...so to get this look I always use a beauty blender as it distributes the foundation much better and equally, leaving no streaks or patchy areas... anyways back to what I was saying (I get easily sidetracked!) to get this fuller coverage to cover the most pigmented areas on my face, I always use my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation as a base just to give a blank canvas. I then applied the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation as my finishing foundation which works amazingly as A) this foundation is definitely a light to medium coverage so it works great if you already have a base on and B) you don't use as much product as you've already got your base coat on to cover the imperfections, therefore there's less waste!

I tested a lot of products and although you're "never meant to test on your hand" I've been told by so many people who work in various makeup shops, I always do because A) it's quicker B) it's less hassle and C) I always mix my colours anyways because of my facial redness so it doesn't really matter there! So like I said, I tested all the "Light" colours and they were too light or too pink-ish so then I moved onto the Mediums because they had more of a yellow tone, which I like because it cancels out some of the facial redness! I ended up choosing Medium 1 - Punjab as my face has a bit of a tan anyways. I love, love, love this colour as it's not too pink and not too yellow; just the right colour and shade so I recommend this choice to anyone who has fair to medium skin!

With the base of Bourjois on underneath and Nars Sheer Glow on top, topped with a little of my favourite Lasting Perfection Concealer by Collection and a sprinkle of setting powder, you can be assured that your makeup will last you all day which is amazing because you don't have to be worried about touching up or reapplying which is hassle and time consuming! It also gives a great dewy/satin finish which is my favourite finishing look. I tend to stay away from a matte finish but you don't want to go the other direction and have too much of an oily look! 

I'd definitely repurchase this product again, however I forgot it doesn't come with a pump so I might invest in purchasing a pump just to prevent too much foundation spilling out onto my hand when applying!

All in all I rate this foundation 10/10. I really cannot find a fault with it!





Have you tried this foundation? What did you think? What recommendations do you have for my next high end foundation purchase?

Get in touch: 


Twitter: @ChloesConcept

Email: ChloesConcept@gmail.com


Thanks for reading!

Chloe x




No comments:

Post a Comment