Saturday 11 October 2014

THE TINTED MOISTURISER THAT WON'T DISAPPOINT



If you're anything like me, tinted moisturisers just never work on me. I've mentioned in a couple of posts before, my face is quite pink, I don't think it's rosacea and I've tried endless amounts of creams, gels, tablets - you name it, I've tried it, so if anyone has any suggestions to get rid of that, I'd love to hear them.

As I was saying, along with having quite pigmented skin, I feel extremely self conscious if I don't have makeup on, so I tend to wear a full face every day (I'm not talking false eyelashes and the whole Kim Kardashian contour process - although I do like a good contour!) I mean just making sure I have a great foundation with good coverage and long lasting power. Whenever I've tried tinted moisturisers in the past, with the intention of "Yes, finally I don't have to put my usual amount of makeup on every single day" but results in me thinking "When will I learn, tinted moisturisers just don't work with my skin!" so when I debated on buying the Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturiser, the only thing that swayed me was how much I like Sonia Kashuk products in general so I thought that was a good enough reason as any! 

It cost me roughly $13 which is at the top end of my drugstore product budget however, again because I love Sonia Kashuk products, I was quite easily swayed! Side note: if you're looking for a new makeup brand to try, try this one because she makes amazing quality products - especially her Illuminiser Foundation which I've got a post on here and her Undetectable Cream Bronzer which I have a post on here! Anyways, getting back to what I was saying - the price was quite a hike but it is most definitely worth it. If you manage to purchase it from the UK (I stock up when I go to Florida!) then $13 is approximately £8 depending on the exchange rate. 

The colour I bought was "Beige" as I was on holiday at the time and my face was quite freckly and tanned, unlike the rest of me, so I always find it quite difficult to get a shade that matches my face and the rest of my body. If you're fair/medium skin tone then this will be a great shade for you, obviously test it first if you can just to make sure! Also, even though it's a tinted moisturiser and the concept of it is supposed to be a very thin, light consistency, I'd definitely say you can manipulate this one. Keep it light with one layer for a fresh look or double it up with a couple of layers to give more of a medium but still fresh and flawless finish! 

Another great plus about this product is that it goes against the usual 30ml foundations - this product has nearly 52ml which I think makes up for the price! Therefore I rate this one 9/10. The extra mark could have been achieved if it was a tiny bit cheaper but like I said, the 52ml gives it that extra advantage!

Have you tried this product? Do you have any tinted moisturisers that you recommend? Let me know!

Thanks for reading!

Get in touch! 


Twitter: @ChloesConcept

Email: ChloesConcept@gmail.com


Chloe x



1 comment:

  1. I like tinted products, they add nice glow. Good review, Chloe!
    Min x
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete