Monday 22 December 2014

DETTOL BABY BLANKET DONATION - HELP BABIES IN NEED

Rachel Stevens


Hi everyone!

I love supporting campaigns on my blog as I think blogging is such a great medium to get messages across! I run my own campaign called 'Take Back What's Yours' which you might have heard of and even taken part in! 

Today's post is all about the amazing campaign where Rachel Stevens, mum of two is calling out to all mums, dads and parents to donate blankets to the Dettol Baby Blanket Donation charity campaign to help babies in need!

I think and I'm sure you'll all agree that this campaign is for such a worthy cause so please donate your blanket and if you know any mums and dads, urge them to do the same and spread the message of this campaign.

What is the campaign all about?

The Dettol Baby Blanket Donation aims to raise awareness of the dangers of bacteria on baby blankets whilst highlighting the shortage of baby blankets available to infants born to families in need.

Laboratory tests commissioned by Dettol - on washed blankets donated by volunteer mums show that baby ‘blankies’ carry a variety of bacteria even after a 40°C wash with a third of the washed blankets harbouring coliforms – a group of bacteria linked to faeces.

Once collected, the baby blankets will be hygienically washed with Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser an additive that kills 99.9% of bacteria even in temperatures as low as 15°C, before being re-distributed by Dettol to families in need.

Dettol has also pledged to donate £1 for every blanket collected to children’s medical research charity, Sparks to raise much needed funds for UK families with children who are affected by serious illness or disability.

Rachel Stevens, the face of this campaign expresses her passion for taking part in this campaign:


“"I've got all my mummy friends donating their blankets and I’m trying to get as many people involved as possible. It's a brilliant campaign in itself but now I'm a mum I am even more aware of how much more washing there is to do. With Dettol Anti-Bacterial Laundry Cleanser I get to do loads of quick washes at low temperatures and I know that things will be hygienically clean and germ free.”

How can I get involved? 

The Dettol Baby Blanket Donation is encouraging mums to share their precious baby blanket memories @DettolBlanket #sharethememories or on Dettol’s Mission for Health Facebook page. 

Why not check out this campaign video which includes all the details!

If you wish to donate a blanket, here's the details!

Blankets can be donated (no stamp required) to:
Dettol Baby Blanket Donation
FREEPOST RTKJ-YSGS-SSHR
The Hay Loft
Balcombe Place Stables
Balcombe
RH17 6AZ


Thank you for reading!!


Get in touch! 


Twitter: @ChloesConcept


Email: ChloesConcept@gmail.com



Chloe x


No comments:

Post a Comment