Monday 1 June 2015

REVIEW: BOURJOIS BRONZING PRIMER



Hi everyone!

I have another review for you all today on the Bourjois Bronzing Primer. As you might know, if you read my review on the Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki brush, I've recently tried this bronzing primer as my cousin bought me it for my birthday last month.

For contour, I really prefer to use a cream based bronzer as I feel it's easier to work with and blend with. It also doesn't leave that dreaded muddy mark we all freak out about when we've just finished our makeup routine and then spend 20 minutes trying to repair the damage...or is that just me?

Anyway, I've tried SEVENTEEN's Instant Glow Tan bronzing cream which I really love and Sonia Kashuk's bronzing cream which is so lovely however I do like to try new things where makeup is concerned and so I thought I'd give this a bash.

When I opened it, it's less like a cream and more like a whipped mousse...think Dream Matte Mousse formula but a bit more whipped and you'll get the right idea.




They only sell it in one shade which made me wonder if it would be too dark for my pale skin, but it's not. If you're a bit on the pale side, simply use less. I spoke in a previous post about using it with my new Sigma F80 so I really recommend pairing them both up and trying that out - both used together makes the application process a very speedy one, which is great if you're in a rush! I also love applying this with a beauty blender as it gives a very natural look and blends in super well.

Also, as this is bronzing "primer", the idea is that you can apply this under your foundation so that when you put a light layer of foundation on, the bronzed glow will come through, looking ultra natural, which is lovely if you want to create that defined cheekbone without it looking heavy or too made up! I usually just use it over my foundation but in the summer, I'll definitely be using it under instead!

A little perk to this product before I go is that as Bourjois is owned by Chanel, this product is highly compared to Chanel's Soleil Tan De Chanel bronzing cream! I haven't tried that product, but I've seen a lot of reviews saying it's a great dupe and some even say it's better than the Chanel one, but I can't vouch for that!

Thank you all for reading and I hope you like it as much as I do if you decide to try it! 


Get in touch! 



Email: ChloesConcept@gmail.com / TakeBackWhatsYours@gmail.com




Chloe x

1 comment:

  1. Oooh this looks really interesting, I've never seen a bronzing primer like this, it does look like it would work great for contour.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete